13 February 2010

come to the poll!

I think one of my originals purposes in this blog was to do post bits of my stories on here, like I used to do on myspace. But I keep putting it off becuase I know that I can post a lot more story than I can write, and I don't want to get to the end of what I've written and leave everyone hanging. So I've told myself that I will wait until I finish one of my novels to publish it, one chapter (or half a chapter) at a time, on this blog. I don't know why I'm posting this except maybe that it will make it a more concrete goal. So here I am, committing to finish a novel for you, my few readers. Now, I have two stories that are my most complete, and I have most of the plot of both worked out in my head. I just need your votes on which to dedicate myself to, because I can't decide!

Vote! Either:
1) City of Orphans. Affectionately mentioned in conversation as "Pocatello," this story has been ruminating within me for over a decade, undergoing so many changes that you wouldn't notice anything similar about its current and present forms except the name of the countries Umberland and Windswept. I worked on this story this November to win NaNoWriMo 2009 and have been slowly revising it for the past three months.

2) Into the Flames. Also a story I've been working on for at least eight years, although Rahab was originally a secondary character, Into the Flames is near and dear to my heart. I worked on this story during Creative Writing in the Spring semester of 2009, and was very pleased with the positive response I received among my peer reviewers.

If you need any more info (such as plot elements) to make a decision, ask me. But you must vote! It is your duty as a supporter of the Arts!

3 comments:

  1. I want Rahab! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, mom. and wow, I should have probably proof read this before posting it, but I was in a hurry to watch "keeping mum" with mar.

    ReplyDelete