16 February 2010

carhopping and stuff

So after taking my poll and having two people vote (thanks mom and mar!), I have decided to rededicate my life to that which is the ultimate goal in my life: finishing a novel. Since it feels like I spend about eighty percent of my life in Edmond, I decided that whenever I'm in Edmond but not at work, I will be writing my novel Into the Flames. (Until it is done, which should be sooner rather than later.) Usually this is like three or so hours a day. However, ever since I made this goal for myself, I have been staying late at work so I haven't gotten any writing done at all! I worked for eleven hours today, not even a break. It wasn't really that bad except my feet started to hurt after about eight hours. It didn't feel like that long; I had clocked out at four so I could clock back in as a carhop (different hourly wage between carhop and drive-thru, which is what I had been doing all day), and when my time card read eight hours I was surprised! I had honestly expected it to say five or six hours. Anyway, so lots of tips and hours today. Maybe tomorrow, though, I will get some writing done! I know, I know, I could just make up for lost time by writing now, and maybe I will. But I also want to set some time aside for reading great novels, too. Can't be a good writer without knowing what's out there.

Today I learned that:
The sun may be shining, but it can still be cold.
I can work for eleven hours and still consider it to be a good day.
The brown sugar in my pantry is all crusty.

1 comment:

  1. a slice of apple in the bag will soften your brown sugar, or you can nuke it for a few seconds. Yeah, Rahab!!! mom

    ReplyDelete