13 September 2009

Question of the Day:
What is it like to feel the need to save the world but to know that nobody wants your help? How hard is it to have to break down and ask somebody else for help when you feel like you have more power than anybody else?

Idea that needs response:
I was going to have "Into the Flames" end with Ray asking Bracken for help in the mysterious disappearance of Jean and Hawkins, and in that way he found out they were like him and he was forced to get to know them. What if, instead, he knew all along but refused to acknowledge their sameness until he is forced to ask for their help? He has a younger sister who has the potential to be Lydia from Pride and Prejudice if need be.

Quote of the Day:
Sometimes I get so weird I freak myself out.
--Avril Lavigne

1 comment:

  1. I think you are going in the right direction with Bracken being the one to ask for help. What I can tell from his character so far, I believe is a little aloof and thinks much of himself, kind of like Patrick Verona in 10 Things I Hate About You. (sorry, I've been watching it and it was what I thought of.) Anyway, doesn't he think himself superior in his 'specialness'? If so, then it would be a good ending for him to have a humbling experience asking for help and then also receiving it from a group of friends who are kind and know he needs real friends.

    ReplyDelete