15 November 2009

My Lord is near me all the time

Discovered this song today at Alameda Baptist Church. I found the tune uninteresting, but the words really caught my attention. It says something that I've often tried to express but always failed.

My Lord Is Near Me All The Time
Words and Music: Barbara Fowler Gaultney

v1: In the lightning flash across the sky
His mighty pow’r I see,
And I know if He can reign on high,
His light can shine on me.

v2: When the thunder shakes the mighty hills
And trembles ev’ry tree,
Then I know a God so great and strong
Can surely harbor me.

v3: When refreshing showers cool the earth
And sweep across the sea,
Then His rainbow shines within my heart,
His nearness comforts me.

ch: I’ve seen it in the lightning, heard it in the thunder,
And felt it in the rain;
My Lord is near me all the time,
My Lord is near me all the time.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these lyrics. The usual sites for finding hymn lyrics or song lyrics were of no help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned this song many years ago as a teenager. I now sing the chorus to my 4-year-old granddaughter to comfort her when the weather is stormy. She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hymn is one of the few solos I sang in my church. I sang it for my mother who was the one who led me to see GOD in spirit and truth in the WORD, in others, in nature, and most of all in her unconditional and unselfish love. She truly blessed my life. The words comfort me in any fear or sadness and give her back to me.

    ReplyDelete