14 September 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 goals

So I feel much better now that I've chosen what project to work on for November 2010. And what project is that, might you ask?
Bracken's novel! Something I've always wanted to write, but never really sure how to. I didn't know whether I should basically re-write Into the Flames from Bracken's perspective (chose not to do that as soon as Midnight Sun came around), write about his childhood, or about his relationship with Rahab after the events in Into the Flames. Well, I still am not completely sure of the answer to this, but I do know that I feel I have a very solid opening scene, set a few months before he meets Rahab. The craziness of NaNoWriMo will hopefully drive the plot along. I mean, it's not like I have nothing to work with, I basically know everything about Bracken's life, it's just deciding which part of his life to document, and in what way. First person, or third person? Retrospectively (since we all know what's going to happen) or from a more active stand-point? Any suggestions along these lines would be welcome. But I'm just glad I know who my specimen is going to be for this year! *sigh of relief*

Now excuse me while I go update my nano profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment