16 December 2010

Books I've Read Survey

I got this survey from a friend on facebook. I thought it was a good way to end the year. In most of the questions I tried to pick books that I've read in 2009-2010 so that it was like a year in review. By the way, books read for this year total thirty-five so far. I'll give you a real overview of them next week or so.

1. Best book you read last year?
in 2009, Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobbs. In 2010, Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.
2. A book you've read more than three times.
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
3. Your favorite series.
Harry Potter. It's one of the very few series I've made all they way through. I usually stop around book four or five.
4. Favorite book of your favorite series.
Probably Prisoner of Azkaban. Although Half-Blood Prince was pretty good, too.
5. A book that makes you happy.
Beastly by Alex Flinn
6. A book that makes you sad.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It's like Vanity Fair in that there's no hero, and that makes me sad.
7. Most underrated book.
Nick Horby pre-2007. I think people (in the US at least) are just starting to notice him, and he was great all along. Or maybe that was just me not noticing him. Hmmm.
8. Most overrate book.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
9. A book you though you wouldn't like but ended up loving.
Jane Eyre by CHarlotte Bronte. After what her sister wrote I unnecessarily set myself up for disappointment.
10. Favorite classic book.
Emma or Pride and Prejudice
11. A book you hated.
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingslover
12. A book you used to love but don't anymore.
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (I still like it as a book written by a 15yr/o, just not love.)
13. Your favorite writer(s).
Jane Austen, Orson Scott Card
14. Favorite book of your favorite writer.
How to Write Science Fiction and Fantasy by Orson Scott Card (since I already listed my two fav Austen books)
15. Favorite male character.
from 2010, Raoden from Elantris
16. Favorite female character.
from 2010, Jane Eyre
17. A book that disappointed you.
Specials by Scott Westerfeld.
18. Favorite book turned into a movie.
Holes by Louis Sachar
19. Favorite romance book.
from 2010, Love of Seven Dolls by Paul Gallico, although I don't know if it actually classifies as a romance book. I don't have a general romance book because that would imply that I read them on a regular basis.
20. Favorite book from your childhood.
I shouldn't pick just one, but I'm going to go with Danny Champion of the World by Roald Dahl. I must love it if I bought it for Sean to read last year.
21. A book you've wanted to read for a long time but still haven't.
Lord of the Flies
22. A book you wish more people would read.
Gods Tomorrow by Aaron Pogue. Read it, people!
23. A character you can relate to the most.
Henry from 100 Cupboards by ND Wilson
24. The most surprising plot twist or ending.
Specials by Scott Westerfeld.
25. Favorite title.
This question is too vague. Is it my favorite because I like how it alludes to themes within the book? Because it sounds clever? Because it's clear and to the point? Because it uses a funny word like eponymous? I generally don't have favorite titles.
26. A book many people hated but you liked.
THe Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. Well, I think it's about even between people hating it and liking it, but the terrible movie gives the book the aura that everybody hates it.
27. Your favorite book of all time.
No idea. Why limit myself to one, anyway?

1 comment:

  1. I like this survey. And I think that Love of Seven Dolls totally counts as a romance, and the fact that it is your favorite shows what kind of love you love. ~Twin

    ReplyDelete