29 November 2010

NaNoWriMo: the home stretch

Well, friends, I've got 47182 words to my name this month, which means I have less than two days to crank out the remaining 2818. Impossible? I think not. The best part is, I'm in the last chapter of my novel. THe worst part? I changed a lot of characters these past few days and I'm not sure how I feel about the effort it'll take to go back and rewrite them. Bleh. But that's what writing is all about, isn't it? You're never going to figure out where the story is supposed to go or even how it's supposed to begin if you don't at least try to get it out there. I'm also really sad that my story ends on a depressing note. But if Bracken doesn't have a ton of disappointment in his life now, then how will he be able to find redemption in the next novel? And that's the story that I am really excited to finish writing. I was distracted from writing Into the Flames while I was thinking about Bracken's backstory, but now that I"ve written it this month, I can focus my full attention back on Rahab. Yay!
And congratulations and thanks to Aaron Pogue, Becca Campbell, Courtney Cantrell, and all my other friends who participated in NaNoWriMo and helped me stay on track this month. They were truly an inspiration for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment