28 August 2010

Book update for August

Number of books read for 2010: 23
I know, terrible, especially for someone who claims to love reading as much as I do. But give me a break here, people! Not only do I read for a living and am trying to write my own novel, but I got stuck trying to finish Les Miserables for four months (and I still haven't given up hope that one day i will finish it, I've just put it on the back burner in favor of more interesting things). So thanks to Mara and me going to the library at least once a week, and agreeing to read books for Aaron, I've picked up the pace a little this month.

August's accomplishments:
The 10 pm Question by Kate deGoldi
The Nanny Diaries by McLaughlin and Kraus
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
Electric LIterature #2 (a magazine of short stories)

Next on the list:
The last three in the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

Check me out on good reads if you want to recommend any books or see what I'm reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment