19 July 2010

Time changes everything

Through some weird twist of scheduling, I don't have to go to work at Sonic tomorrow until 9:30, which means I don't have to go to bed at some unreasonably early hour. It's funny how the world looks different when you're not sitting around just dreading the time you have to go to bed just to get up insanely early to go to a job you're not particularly fond of. When I got home from Edmond today, I make beef teriyaki for dinner, spent time with Bella, washed a few dishes and wiped down the counters, read my book, and cleaned the toilets. This was all accomplished an hour before I normally go to bed. And yet, if I had to get up early tomorrow, instead I would have spent the evening feeling like I had no time to do anything and so just play on facebook and watch some tv. Isn't perspective weird?
And then, with all this free time I had left, I browsed goodreads for over an hour and found way too many books that I don't have time to read. So sad. So instead I will go back to reading Wuthering Heights, because if I finish it then I can move on to another book in my very large pile beside my bed. Hope you all are having a productive day and a hopeful start to your work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment